Tuesday, October 9, 2012

ECFE


Art work from last night

We had ECFE last night.... it was interesting to say the least! We were the only ones there, which was fine, She had puzzles on the floor and Brooklyn loved the animal one with fur. Then we looked inside a pumpkin, which she wouldn't touch! We used a paint brush to add glue to the paper plate and then leaves on top. Lastly, we finger painted with butterscotch pudding.


Before we were leaving, the teacher was telling me how it's hard to be the only teacher that does preschool in our little school. How when she did her student teaching, they had 3 different teachers who all taught preschool, so they bounced ideas off from each other and each person planned something so it wasn't so much work for everyone. Then,she was telling me how the school doesn't have a curriculum that they use. They use Creative Curriculum, well, I also use Creative Curriculum.. it means that you plan various ways for the students to learn and that you just don't do worksheets all the time. Basically what I got from our conservation is that she doesn't have time to sit and plan activities for her class and how planning activities can take up a lot of time. Yes, I know that, but for her, so you spend a year planning activities and then you can re-use them the following year. I don't know if she was telling me this, so I say, well, I can help you? But I didn't. I really came away with mixed emotions about sending Brooklyn to preschool in Milroy. There is no way I will pay $800 for her to attend the 3 year old preschool and even $1400 for her to attend 4 year old preschool, I really don't know if she will benefit that much more than what I do with my daycare kids, besides getting into the routine of going to school? I guess we have a few years to decide all of that... but it really wasn't what I was expecting to get out of last night!




No comments:

Post a Comment