Sunday, June 9, 2013

In Remembrance...


Thursday marked the 6 year anniversary of Mike's brother, Scott's death. In some ways, it's impossible to believe that it's been 6 years already and in other ways, it seems like it's been an eternity. Oh how very different our lives would be today, although, I'm pretty sure that he would probably be Brooklyn's #1 Uncle!

So, in order to celebrate his life this weekend, we went camping! Yes, I know what's new! Of course, we could have done a few other things that we were invited to, but, I thought this was the most fitting! WHY- because, camping was something he loved to do! So, we celebrated by camping and getting away from all the drunken drama that his friends love to create around the anniversary date.... We were supposed to golf on Sunday as a family, however, the rain put a damper on that, and we went out for lunch instead.

Here's a couple OLD pictures, I found from when we camped after his death... And guess what, it rained almost the whole time too if I remember right!





Here's a few pictures...


Our first campfire in our fire pit this year!

Helping daddy get out the lights for the deck

First smore of the season

Burrr... swimming in the "pool"!

Giving the baby a ride

Sweet corn and hamburgers on the grill

Fingerpainting since it was raining

This little turkey learned how to pedal this bike

A trip to Runnings for something for daddy, led to looking for the animals... These were "ducks"

Going swimming...

Baby needs swimming lessons

We had to pick up a few things from the little grocery store in Spicer, they have little carts, needless to say, I'm sure we will be back again!




No comments:

Post a Comment