"I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives." -Edward F. Croker
The last few weeks, we've been to various places and people will come up to Mike and mention something about him being a hero for his actions at the house fire. To be completely honest, he does not feel that he is a hero and that he was just acting like a fireman, and that anyone else would act the same way. I think this quote sums up how he feels, "What you call a hero, I call just doing my job."
I love this quote : "If you think it's tough being a firefighter, try being a firefighter's wife."- Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment