Thursday, March 14, 2013

Books Books Books

This is more of a vent than anything else as I'm friends with a few of these providers on Facebook  I don't feel it's write to say anything on there, although, I sure would have liked to! Yesterday, on one of my daycare groups I belong to. One of the ladies asked how do you stop the kids from destroying books. Quite a few providers that I personally know, commented that they have their books put away and the kids are not allowed to look at them until story time when they read aloud.

I was steaming after I read their comments! If you know anything about me, I LOVE books and think they are SO IMPORTANT for children! You can never have enough books! Seriously, how are children supposed to learn to handle books when they are never taught the proper way, how do you grow their vocab when they don't ever hear any new words? I could seriously go on and on about this! Anyway, my response about this was: invest in some mailing tape and fix them! Make a book hospital and place the books in their that need to be fixed, once you have cooled down, fix them up! But, books are SOOO important for children, regardless they need to be left out for them.  Some of our favorite books are filled with tape, but that's ok! It shows that they are reading them!

Here's my little book worm! Even when she was little she LOVED books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment