Wednesday, June 6, 2012

In memory...

5 years ago today was a day that forever changed our lives! I will never forget any of it... it was one of those days where the daycare kids and I were having a "lazy afternoon",  I figured we could just as well have snack a little later. Well, during snack time, Mike came up drenching wet and told me I needed to call all my parents to let them know that they needed to come pick up their kids and that Scott had been in an accident. The part of me that is devoted to my daycare said, well I can just come afterwards, as it was already 3:45 and my day was almost over... He corrected me and told me, no, he's gone, he isn't coming back.

He was driving home from work and hit the guard rail on the bridge, the truck was in the water and Mike came across it. After, the kids left, I headed down the road and will never forget, the county highway men were blocking the road.I stopped and said that I needed to get thru as it was my brother-in-law that was involved in the accident. The worker, didn't say a word, just tapped his hand on the inside of the window to signal me to go ahead. I will not bare you with other details from that day or the days to come.... 

MISS YOU EACH AND EVERY DAY SCOTT! Oh, how I wonder daily what life would be like with you here today. I'm positive that you would be an awesome uncle to Brooklyn! Keep watchin' over us:) Until we meet again.....




Here's a few pictures I found:

Boys with the cross they made for the accident scene

Down by the bridge...

Down by the bridge...

All the fireman in their orange shirts during the ceremony in honor of Scott


Scott's friends each left their favorite hat wtih him

Mike and Adam, planting trees

Just the good ol boy


Scott with his buddies


Me and Scott at our wedding, 2004

Brothers, 2004






No comments:

Post a Comment