Sunday, November 10, 2013

Advent calendar

After searching pinterest for an idea for an advent calendar for Brooklyn, I finally gave in and created my own after only 1-failed attempt! (Note to self: before mod-podging paper to the back of a cookie sheet, make sure the magnets will stick first to the cookie sheet!) Oh well, I think this turned out pretty good after all... we just have a smidge of glitter all over the house! I found the printable advent calendar here and then added to glitter paper and finally to white cardstock and then laminated for durability. I took a board that I had in the closet leftover from another project and we use modge-podge to keep the paper on the board and also so glitter wouldn't be all over! Once, that dried, we added 3M hooks to the bottom; glued on the ribbons to each card and then added the finishing touches. It's just about done, I just need to add a hook to hang it up on the back, but I do have a few weeks before we actually need to use this! 




No comments:

Post a Comment