Thursday, May 2, 2013

Adoption

Over the weekend, a girl that I know who has 5 of her own biological children, then adopted a brother/sister who were maybe 1 & 3 when they were adopted. Anyway, she invited me to "like" her Facebook page, For The Love of Abby, which is all about looking for a new home for this little girl. It completely breaks my heart and has been on my mind all week, how could you adopt a child, knowing that they have "issues" for lack of a better word and then decide that you can't handle it, so you are looking to adopt that child out to another home? Not to mention, she plans to keep the younger brother, shouldn't they go together? I just don't get it! I am friends with the daycare provider for this little one and she said she notices NOTHING that the mom is saying is wrong with this little girl, she said, she has done respite care for her on the weekends and will have no issues all weekend with her. Maybe, she does just need a new home of someone who will love her and give her the respect she needs? I don't know, it just makes me sad to think of that little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment