Tuesday, September 18, 2012

1 yr check up




We had Brooklyn's 1 year check up today, she was 31 inches tall (96 percentile) and weighed 23 lbs, 7.5 oz. (86 percentile). Dr. Hanna was back from medical leave, I was so glad to see him! Seriously, you have no idea how his well child checkups compare to the other doctor's we've seen. He is way more thorough. Today, we spent 70 minutes at the doctor's office, at least I know he isn't missing anything and she is completely checked over and on track development wise. Plus, I like how he will tell me that she should be doing certain things by a certain age. Today, he said that she should be speaking 10-15 words by 15 months.

She needed 3 shots and I opted to have her have a 4th that isn't required, but he thought since I do daycare it may be a good idea. We survived that with flying colors! However, they had to do a blood draw and that was HORRIBLE! I broke down and cried right along with her.Nothing like pinning your own child down, having her look and you and screaming, mommy mommy!  Usually, Mike takes her to all the nasty stuff- EKG, ECHO, chest xrays, etc.. because I know I couldn't handle it! Anyway, she survived and so did I!







No comments:

Post a Comment